Hello, Guest the thread was called 14k times and contains 5 replies

last post from TheFreak -

Help needed, compiling and decompiling

• Hi,

May I ask to the developer which tool(s) he uses for compiling / decompiling DEX-files?

I'm trying myself to customize my stock-rom of my Samsung S2 tablet (also nougat), but I'm having trouble to decompile classes.dex which I've extracted from services.jar.

The different tools I've used (apktool, dex manager, ...) are all giving errors, resulting in no output.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

• dex files cannot be decompiled, just decompile services.jar as you do with an apk ;-)

• You can't decompile dex files, as _alex_ stated. But you can deodex your rom first with SuperR kitchen and after that the dex file will be inside the APK. Then use apktool to decompile the app :)

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• You can't decompile dex files, as _alex_ stated. But you can deodex your rom first with SuperR kitchen and after that the dex file will be inside the APK. Then use apktool to decompile the app :)

Thank you _alex_ & Tkkg1994,

I hope you do not mind I'm putting my questions in this forum.
    If you do mind, could you refer me to the appropriate forum?

I've managed to deodex my stock rom (I've used SVAunpack and SVAdeodexer)

This resulted in 5 directories: app, dex, framework, odex and priv-app.

The file I need to modify for my purposes is framework\services.jar. (no apk is involved)

I unpacked this services.jar with 7zip which results in classes.dex and classes2.dex.

I thought I could treat the file classes.dex with apktool so I could find

smali/com/android/server/policy/GlobalActions.smali

in it and make changes in the code (i want to remove the high volume warning as a start ...)

But at this point I'm stuck. I cannot read this classes.dex to make the changes.

Here you can find the services.jar of the deodexed rom I'm talking about:

Please login to see this link.

Can you read it and browse through the structure smali/com/android/... ?

• I would suggest to move this discussion to another forum, as it has nothing to do with this rom after all. We have enough discussion forums, you can start a thread there. Done

For a starting, I will send you links:

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• I moved this discussion into a new thread. It´s better to seperate it from the rom support.

As Tkkg1994 stated, i would recommend you Please login to see this link. SuperR Kitchen for deodexing. The free version will do just fine. You could also go ahead and support SuperR by donating and getting access to the plugin repo, which will include ApkTool and more.

And for decompiling Please login to see this link.

Before posting questions, please check our Please login to see this link. and Please login to see this link. 

If you want to help us out, you can Please login to see this link.

You want a unique signature, avatar or wallpaper? Please login to see this link.