Hello Guest, the thread was called 78k times and contains 797 replies

last post from gaww -

[ROM][S8PORT][STABLE][N][7.0][AQK7][30.11.17][SM-G93XF/FD/K/L/S/W8] BatMan-Rom

• Hi there, I just saw that QL1 has been released for the s7e. It has security patch level December. It's only a matter of days till QL1 will be released for the S8+ as well. I'm curious, do you plan to update BatMan ROM again based on that release or will you wait for the next one? I'm pretty happy with v1.5 and thus not too keen for an update again. Cheers LJ

• Hi there, I just saw that QL1 has been released for the s7e. It has security patch level December. It's only a matter of days till QL1 will be released for the S8+ as well. I'm curious, do you plan to update BatMan ROM again based on that release or will you wait for the next one? I'm pretty happy with v1.5 and thus not too keen for an update again. Cheers LJ

Hey :)

Actually I don't know yet if I will update the rom again. That will depend on my time I can spend to work on the rom and on my real life.

Nothing sure yet

• Hello. I wanted to switch from SuperMan to the BatMan ROM. Therefore i wiped Data, installed BatMan (second wipe option - NOT DIRTY FLASH) with Bootloader & Modem. Now I got a Bootloop for over an hour. How can I fix this? Just reinstall?

EDIT: Tried it also with a FullWipe, didn't work either. I remember that I unchecked "update BL and Modem" when I installed SuperMan, so I flashed the newest BL & CP with Odin. Now trying to flash BatMan again. Wish me Luck.

EDIT2: Booting goes on since 15 Minutes, losing Faith slowly.

Hallo. Ich wollte von der SuperMan zu der BatMan ROM wechseln. Folglich habe ich einen Data-Wipe durchgeführt, BatMan installiert (zweite Wipe Option - KEIN DIRTY FLASH) inklusive Bootloader & Modem. Jetzt habe ich seit über einer Stunde einen Bootloop. Wie kann ich das beheben? Einfach nochmal installieren?

EDIT: Neuversuch mit FullWipe hat ebenfalls nciht funktioniert. Als ich SuperMan installierte, habe ich "update BL and Modem" nicht aktiviert, deswegen habe ich BL & CP der Stock ROM nochmals mit Odin geflasht. Probiere jetzt nochmal BatMan zu flashen. Wünscht mir Glück.
    EDIT2: Boot dauert nun schon über 15 Minuten, verliere langsam den Glauben.

• Hello. I wanted to switch from SuperMan to the BatMan ROM. Therefore i wiped Data, installed BatMan (second wipe option - NOT DIRTY FLASH) with Bootloader & Modem. Now I got a Bootloop for over an hour. How can I fix this? Just reinstall?

EDIT: Tried it also with a FullWipe, didn't work either. I remember that I unchecked "update BL and Modem" when I installed SuperMan, so I flashed the newest BL & CP with Odin. Now trying to flash BatMan again. Wish me Luck.

EDIT2: Booting goes on since 15 Minutes, losing Faith slowly.

Hallo. Ich wollte von der SuperMan zu der BatMan ROM wechseln. Folglich habe ich einen Data-Wipe durchgeführt, BatMan installiert (zweite Wipe Option - KEIN DIRTY FLASH) inklusive Bootloader & Modem. Jetzt habe ich seit über einer Stunde einen Bootloop. Wie kann ich das beheben? Einfach nochmal installieren?

EDIT: Neuversuch mit FullWipe hat ebenfalls nciht funktioniert. Als ich SuperMan installierte, habe ich "update BL and Modem" nicht aktiviert, deswegen habe ich BL & CP der Stock ROM nochmals mit Odin geflasht. Probiere jetzt nochmal BatMan zu flashen. Wünscht mir Glück.
    EDIT2: Boot dauert nun schon über 15 Minuten, verliere langsam den Glauben.

Hiya Vesanius,

I have had this happen to me once with a previous rom.

First i would recommend re-downloading the rom since its possible something may be corrupt prior to installing the freshly downloaded rom please do a full wipe in Twrp Wipe/Advanced Wipe/ Tick Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache. If this still does not work then I would recommend flashing back to stock again with the latest stock rom. Then reinstalling the latest Twrp which as of this moment is 3.2.1-1 and flashing Batman again.

Let me know how you go.

• Let me know how you go.

Hey vithusel. Thank you for your post. To be honest, I am a stupid piece of s***. I alwasys formatted Data instead of Wiping it, so Encryption was not removed and caused the bootloop. Once Data was wiped properly and BatMan ROM flashed with Full Wipe (no Bootloader/Modem Update), it worked.

• Hey vithusel. Thank you for your post. To be honest, I am a stupid piece of s***. I alwasys formatted Data instead of Wiping it, so Encryption was not removed and caused the bootloop. Once Data was wiped properly and BatMan ROM flashed with Full Wipe (no Bootloader/Modem Update), it worked.

happy to hear your all up and running again. :D

• Hey vithusel. Thank you for your post. To be honest, I am a stupid piece of s***. I alwasys formatted Data instead of Wiping it, so Encryption was not removed and caused the bootloop. Once Data was wiped properly and BatMan ROM flashed with Full Wipe (no Bootloader/Modem Update), it worked.

I'm glad that you could solve the issue yourself!

And of course you aren't a piece of shit.. this can happen to anyone!

• Hey - well n truly a noob here.

Installed BatMan 1.5 on my SM-G935F (SGS7e)
    I will occasionally get a strict mode border that will just sit always on.

It will sit over the top of Always on Display even, so thats why In fairly sure its built in...

I have never enabled it, and I have even tried to some build prop edits to get rid, but it just will not go away.

Yours

Nick :)

• Hello Nick :)

Can you tell me the steps how to reproduce your issue? Or even better, can you send me a picture of your issue? It looks like I'm not fully able to understand what you mean :/

• Tkkg1994 - so it seems to happen whenever I'm doing anything vaguely intensive (but not with one app or another) - I doubt itll be reproduce-able easily or else everyone would have it.

Typically I can't trigger the damn thing.
    9/10 clearing the running apps from the window switcher clears it (after waiting a few seconds).

Looks like this though (Fix-the-Red-Frame-Android.jpg) (but like on an s7 edge)
    As you can well expect - I have the toggle in dev tools off :(

Thanks again - also you asked about batman rom tweaks in your reply to my review - Maybe I'm missing something, but the ability to remove the buttons at the bottom of the screen altogether would be cool as I dont need them. (due to physical buttons)

• Now I get a better idea what you mean, are you maybe talking about the edge lightning feature which has been introduced by samsung?

Something like this:

• HI!

I have the edge lighting on too and I think its great :D

Please see attached - i note that my phone didn't enjoy trying to use the uploaded on this site- but im not using the app - so maybe that's why!!

I also have a massive pink line down the screen- though thats due to the screen defect.

Thanks Samsung *thumbsup*

haha - so any thoughts? Im competent in terminal - is there anyway I can check if its being forced on somehow?

N

• You have those lines on every single screen?? How can that be. That has to be a 3rd party application causing this weird issue

Make a clean install of the rom, don't restore any apps and see how it looks. Then restore each app by app and restart after each app to find out which one is causing issues

• I may be going back to 1.4 from current 1.5 due to the inability to achieve decent battery life - especially in sleep mode

I have tried different kernels (including the notorious version i had been getting very good battery life on 1.4). Battery use statistics has shown Standby and Android OS as the problem - never was before. With Notorious, I make sure the wakelocks are disabled and other settings are conservative, but i am now getting very different results. I also have tried iron kernel with similar results.

Other then ROM installed apps, my user apps are the same as when I was on 1.4.

Any ideas fro anyone would be appreciated.

Note - I may post this on the XDA forum also, which covers many more users, to see if anyone there has any suggestions

• Hey :)

As it was mainly a rom update with the base change, the only thing I can think about is the one below:

Users with the November security patch are seeing a loss in battery life

Hope this helps!

• You can maybe even update the edge apps with the samsung store (if you use the s8 build.prop)

I will try that - I used the S8 build.prop.

Note - back on 1.4 and battery situation is much better, but not as good as earlier - wonder if some updated apps have become more intrusive.