Hello, Guest the thread was called 3.2k times and contains 4 replies

last post from Tkkg1994 -

Fingerprint unlock after boot kills bank app

• After many hours/days of troubleshooting, I've found that the fingerprint.unlock tweak in build.prop that allows you to override entering a code in the lockscreen after a reboot kills my bank app (chase) causing it to crash when after rebooting and not using your pin to login. This also causes Google Pay to not work at NFC terminals as it relies on the bank app for payments.

I was able to resolve the issue by changing the prop value manually that forces me to use a secure method to login to the phone after rebooting, but is there some to keep the feature and spoof the technique of logging in securely?

It's more than just a mere check of the actual prop value that is the problem as all it takes to get around the issue is to edit a fingerprint sensor setting or unlock the phone with your pin, with the prop value still at zero, and the bank app will again temporarily work. It must be checking an active state of security somewhere.

• After many hours/days of troubleshooting, I've found that the fingerprint.unlock tweak in build.prop that allows you to override entering a code in the lockscreen after a reboot kills my bank app (chase) causing it to crash when after rebooting and not using your pin to login. This also causes Google Pay to not work at NFC terminals as it relies on the bank app for payments.

I was able to resolve the issue by changing the prop value manually that forces me to use a secure method to login to the phone after rebooting, but is there some to keep the feature and spoof the technique of logging in securely?

It's more than just a mere check of the actual prop value that is the problem as all it takes to get around the issue is to edit a fingerprint sensor setting or unlock the phone with your pin, with the prop value still at zero, and the bank app will again temporarily work. It must be checking an active state of security somewhere.

Hey :)
    It can be that google forces a login when rebooted/booted the first time with a password/pin instead of a biometric one (to ensure security).

Your finding confirms that, since it works again after chaning the build.prop value (not a mod issue)

Honestly I don't know how you could spoofe that

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• It's probably more secure to enter the code after reboot anyway. I imagine more people will start noticing issues with their bank app and/or Google Pay not working in the future due to that mod - so a heads up when the questions start coming. This problem just started occurring with Chase with their last update in late September - it was fine before that.

• I also checked this setting to try it out, but don't want it for security reasons.

Now I am wondering if it can be turned off, or do I need to reinstall using Aroma?

• I also checked this setting to try it out, but don't want it for security reasons.

Now I am wondering if it can be turned off, or do I need to reinstall using Aroma?

Reinstall via aroma or change the fingerprint build.prop entry from 1 to 0 (found at system/build.prop)

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect: