Hello, Guest the thread was called 15k times and contains 95 replies

last post from Tkkg1994 -

Bugs / Problem with Superman V3.0

• Hello,

First of all: Thank you for doing V3 !!! I was a big Superman ROM fan and was hopeing you will do a Oreo Version.

So THX for that :)

After one Day of playing around i figured out that i dont have some Mods (from what i choosed in Aroma) working.

Like DualSpeaker, HighVolumewarning etc.

They dont work, or are not propper installed.

So i wanted to flash the rom again with different setup (Stock Kernel instead of Superstock) and double check my settings with the mods.

Question: is it enough to Flash Magisk uninstall (reboot?), then reflash Superman V3 (dirty?) with new settings and after next reboot flash magisk again?

*EDIT:

is it even possible to change Kernel without full wipe?

greetz

Flax

Edited once, last by Flax ().

• if you chose dual speaker in aroma, it certainly works. Play music and check the call speaker if it plays music as well. And I can assure you it will play :D

High volume warning is a switch in romcontrol.

Yes it's safe to do that with the uninstaller and yes you can change kernel without wiping

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• big thank for your work on superman oreo, i am wating for so long,:D

i have a queston,i am from superman 2.8 with notorious kernel

1.do i need update modem and BL with odin first or can i update modem and BL within aroma on superman v3.0?

2.can i dirty flash from v2.8 to v3.0 or recomended full wipe?

thanks for your advices

• if you chose dual speaker in aroma, it certainly works. Play music and check the call speaker if it plays music as well. And I can assure you it will play :D

High volume warning is a switch in romcontrol.

Yes it's safe to do that with the uninstaller and yes you can change kernel without wiping

As for Dual Speaker: Yes videos / music indeed work your right.

Speaker due phone calls does not dual work (thats where i noticed it). Not shure if this worked in my prev. ROM. Alltough i dont get it why it should not work while phone calls.

Volume warning - found it :) ! thx.

(its been some time since Superman v 2.9 and its rom control center. :P )

• Hello Luca,

I've upgraded to 3.0.0 with full wipe. Everything is working well, your work is still fantastic. It's time for me for a new donation like with each previous major release (expect it from ebay[at]netwinux.be address tonight).

I've just have one question, how can I troubleshoot the following app issue below ?

The Signal App, the Edward Snowden's recommended messaging app from OpenWhisper cannot work. It's basically an alternative to the telegram app used by my friends. Once restored by Titanium, the app did not work so I have retried the app registration process that involves either an SMS with a one-time code or a phone call with a code spelled. But I don't receive any, nothing happens. Based on the app forum, it might be due to outdated Google Play Services preventing connection to OpenWhisper servers but I've checked and the Google Play Services are up-to-date in Superman Rom 3.0.0

So I need some clues in order to troubleshoot this issue.

Secondary question: on v3.0.0 I have a small triangle icon in the status bar on the left of the NFC icon. It looks like a 'broken' triangle with 2 arrows in it (thanks to a magnifying glass). What is it the icon for?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

• Hi, i have too the Signal App and it works fine but i doesn't Backup and restore it with titanium. I installed it new

Wer Wind sät, wird STURM ernten!

• big thank for your work on superman oreo, i am wating for so long,:D

i have a queston,i am from superman 2.8 with notorious kernel

1.do i need update modem and BL with odin first or can i update modem and BL within aroma on superman v3.0?

2.can i dirty flash from v2.8 to v3.0 or recomended full wipe?

thanks for your advices

1. All included in aroma

2. Full wipe of course! :D

As for Dual Speaker: Yes videos / music indeed work your right.

Speaker due phone calls does not dual work (thats where i noticed it). Not shure if this worked in my prev. ROM. Alltough i dont get it why it should not work while phone calls.

Volume warning - found it :) ! thx.

(its been some time since Superman v 2.9 and its rom control center. :P )

At least all sorted noe, have fun! :)

Try to install it fresh without restoring, otherwise I see no possible way to fix this.

Can you upload the screenshot from the icon you mean?

I have two problems.

At the top of the screen above Statusbar I have a blue stripe.

i cant encrypt my Phone, everytime fail. How i do?

1. Disable battery bar in supercontrol

2. I'm nor sure if custom roms support encryption

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• Thank you, it works.

oh no, encrypt is very important for me.Who can I ask?

i dont know if im allowed to post external links. If not sorry.

Alexndr has a rom where u can encrypt. Its very close to stock with very little modifications. Not as custom and editable as superman.

Please login to see this link.

• Thank you for a good work :perfect::-)

Everything works fine for me and are smooth and quick. Battery drains over the night only about 4-5 % which is as usual for me and my use.

• i dont know if im allowed to post external links. If not sorry.

Alexndr has a rom where u can encrypt. Its very close to stock with very little modifications. Not as custom and editable as superman.

No issue to post such links in here :)

Thank you for a good work :perfect::-)

Everything works fine for me and are smooth and quick. Battery drains over the night only about 4-5 % which is as usual for me and my use.

thanks for the feedback!

I am on 2.9. Do i need to wipe data? Or just install?

Nougat to oreo and no wipe? Good luck! :D

• Well I was looking forward to this ROM.

Today I tried to install it and it seemed all well after a Clean Install but Magisk was not installed and I had no root and I couldn't install Masgisk.

Then I wanted to reinstall the ROM and did a clean install again.

It hung up during aroma installer.

So in formatted data and it seemed to work again but now the phone ALWAYS (tried 4 times) just shuts off when installing the modem!

So it boots but afterwards I have no service. (modem not flashed properly)

I couldn't figure out how I can install the modem without TWRP. I was in Odin 3.13.1 and Odin 3.12.3 and I felt like I nealy bricked my device.

Now I am restoring my full backup of Batman-ROM.

I hope this ROM will be fixed. Because it seems not very stable.

I also had these sudden shutdowns of what everybody is talking about.

Thanks for your effort so far!

EDIT: wait... it's not shuttding down during install of modem but after "Flashing latest ERG2 G930F/FD BL".

I guess this is the auto shutdown after the BL/MODEM installation?

Maybe I was wrong.

I try it again now and check if I have service now...

Edited once, last by Deady1000 ().

• The system is stable, as mentioned a few times the kernel isn't. That's why everyone is waiting for the new kernel source.

About the modem, when you can't even flash it with odin you are pretty much ****. Try to start from stock ERG2 base, this is the cleanest variant.

Have you updated TWRP while flashing? It is needed for oreo.

Also check your md5, could be that you got a corrupted download

• Thanks for your fast answer.

I never touch recovery (ok one time to update it manually) and I have a (complete) TWRP backup so I can always get back when entering recovery.

And now I reflashed SR-3.0 and I am in the welcome screen and I've got service.

Will try to get Magisk working now.

If not I'll send some screenshots.

Thank you!

EDIT:

OK got it now.

Magisk is installed and ROM seems to be fine.

I skipped the phone-setup without the SIM-card and without wifi.

Then I restarted. Now I'll login to google and samsung stuff and restore my files.

Thanks!

EDIT2:

Well during installing and restoring stuff over cloud I just had this freeze.

And 2 minutes later I had a freeze with a sound bug.

Never before had so creepy problems... :(

EDIT3:

Now after several reboots it gets more stable...

CPU is also starting to clocking down.

Edited 4 times, last by Deady1000 ().

• Hi, i have too the Signal App and it works fine but i doesn't Backup and restore it with titanium. I installed it new

Hi silec, I did the same. As the restore by Titanium did not work, I had to reinstall the app, but the registration does not occur. As I've said, I don't receive the SMS with the code and the "call me instead" option does not trigger any call. Nothing happens and I simply keep the waiting page ever and ever. I've posted a message on Open Whisper forum, I hope, someone will have an idea. I've used Signal for the past 3 years. I'm a bit frustrated, I can't use it anymore.

@Luca: here is the new icon of the status bar, never seen before. The triangle icon on the left of the NFC icon. Do you know what it is for? I tought it was a kind of traffic monitoring, but it seems not. Activating/deactivating the traffic monitoring displays something different (animated figures with direction). This icon is static and permanent, even in flight mode.

Please login to see this attachment.