Hello Guest, the thread was called 11k times and contains 15 replies

last post from _alex_ -

S8 Camera port for S7 Superman Rom V2.4.2

• Hello Guys, i'm proud to present Galaxy S8 Camera fully working(except face stickers not appear) on S7 base rom.(this is for users that have old version and want to try it, will upload soon the version who did not choose it in V2.5 SM and want ti without reflashing the rom )

The zip is for Superman only, do not try to flash on other roms.

As the first one and only, i'm proud to share even aqua mode fully working

SCREENSHOTS

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

- Delete cache and data of camera app

- Delete cache and data of shooting mode provider(system app)

- Go to recovery and choose if camera shall have DarkSide inverted settings or Stock

- Reboot and wait , have a coffe and be back....will take 10 minutes

DOWNLOAD

CHANGELOG:

- updated camera to last version

- added Pro lite mode with correct name

If u have double camera modes, is normal, as now S8 has by default all effects you can download from store, so uninstall them ;-)

CREDITS

sac23

Tkkg1994of course my team master and friend

all SupermanTeam

• Hmmmm, this is singularly, only only only a mod for Superman Rom V2.4.2, and NOT an upgrade to the S8 Camera port built into Superman Rom V2.5 (or upcomming newer)?

If so, you might put up a warning note?

• well, the hardest part, noone has fixed, seems cuplrit is in kernel and a lib.... which will end in bootloop, and lib cannot be edited....

for now no.... let's see bot the upcoming BatMan port what we will gather ;-)

Alex this is working from day one but what about face stickers?Can you fix them?

•  

well, the hardest part, noone has fixed, seems cuplrit is in kernel and a lib.... which will end in bootloop, and lib cannot be edited....

for now no.... let's see bot the upcoming BatMan port what we will gather ;-)

Snapchat have pretty similar stickers.Would love to have this ported to Edge.

• Hi Alex,

i'm dylan from XDA. Understand that you left XDA for the s8 camera port project.

Your work is great and I've been enjoying it with the v2.5 ROM. Just one small thing though - the quality setting gets stuck on QHD (for back camera). If I choose UHD and the next time I re-enter the camera app, it will revert back to QHD. Hopefully it can be resolved. Keep us posted, thanks!

• Is there anyway to make the pixel peeping manual focus work? Like this image, see how the focused points are marked green while focusing?
    Source

CZT3uVy.jpg

• SAD ANNOUNCMENT:

My PC has died, not repairable, and as for now not even planned to change it, as for now i am not able to afford the expense for a new or used computer, so all my development will be stopped.

I plan to buy new PC for christmas.

I will do my best to finish at least the aromas for batman V1.4, from PC at work, but this will take longer and no eta if and when

I am so sorry, more than you believe me.

Big thanks to all your kind words and support got till now

I will be back :-*