Hello, Guest the thread was called 439 times and contains 2 replies

last post from BioHaZaRD_ch -

Fingerprint authentication in Google Play crashes

• Hey Luca

I have again a bit a weird problem 😁

I wanted to turn on fingerprint authentication in google play store when i buy something.. it worked a while ago with no problem.. but now it crashes for some not known reason..

I researched a bit deleted fingerprints re-added them.. no chance. Then i thougth that maybe the 'unlock device with fingerprint without waking the phone' setting interferes with it somehow... But now i dont find the setting anymore in batcontrol ? I really dont know where it was located.. either in lockscreen settings or misc ui settings ive gone through everything but didnt find it.

Can you gime a hint where to find it or what setting it triggers ? As far as i remember it demands a hard reboot to work. So i think it does something deeper ..

My idea was to disable it.. delete fingerprints.. reboot.. re-add fingerprints, set google play fingerorint setting and re enable it in batcontrol afterwards :D

Can that be that going back and forth installing new kernels every 2 days for test purposes (and therefore also clearing cache/ART) can mix something up ?

Strange thing only ehen i try to enable fingerptint authentication in google play it crashes.. normal unlocking works fine.. even without waking the phone ;`-(

Cleared data and cache in google play .. cleared data and cache of batcontrol.. cleared cache and dalvik/art in twrp .. nothing did a change

Its not that critical.. only thing that makes me rise an eyebrow is that the fingerprint unlock setting in batcontrol is gone...🙄

Don't take life to serious... nobody will get out alive anyway :cflol:

Samsung Lover...<3

PC Modding/Watercooling Enthusiast...:-P

Can write with 300 Chars/sec B-)

I love Anime :heyes:

Roleplayer for like ever :hollow:

• The fingerprint mod was only for the s7/s7e devices back on nougat. The s8 includes this feature by default.

In other words this mod isn't included and not related to this crash.

You said it worked a while back. A reason could be that google has updated their checks wether your phone is rooted or not and doesn't allow the rooted/uncertified devices to use fingerprints. This is the only reason which comes to my mind

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• ahhhh yes you are right.. i recently set up 2x s7/e so i got mixed it up 🙄😁

Good idea.. ill try adding google play to the magisk hide list... not that it now matters anymore.. i shot my phone into nirvana killing data partition today... when i tried another kernel.. had to restore a backup 2 months ago and now fingerprint auth works for dont know what reason.. but seems logically that google uses safetynet test for fingerprint auth... that will fail without magisk hide 😁😁

Don't take life to serious... nobody will get out alive anyway :cflol:

Samsung Lover...<3

PC Modding/Watercooling Enthusiast...:-P

Can write with 300 Chars/sec B-)

I love Anime :heyes:

Roleplayer for like ever :hollow: