Hello, Guest the thread was called 10k times and contains 9 replies

last post from Tkkg1994 -

Fullscreen overlay

• I just faced a problem that one of my apps creates a full-screen overlay wouldnt actually be on the top layer...

the most top layer would be as far as i understand below status bar and navigation bar... i found an article regarding this problem on XDA

just wanted to ask the android pros if its anyhow manageable to get the fullscreen overlay back without too big amount of work ?..

as far as i understand the overlay type

Code
    1. TYPE_SYSTEM_OVERLAY

is deprecated in oreo... the alternatvie is

Code
    1. TYPE_APPLICATION_OVERLAY

.. is it somehow manageable to reimplement this in the library or is there no chance?... i clearly understand that this heading from google is a security reason... but what if i need a full screen overlay... i shoild be able to decide myself if i want to....

i really dont know if this stuff is dug way to deep to be changed or if it is just to change a code line in a type-definition library....

any advice.. hint or help is very appreciated :D:D

Don't take life to serious... nobody will get out alive anyway :cflol:

Samsung Lover...<3

PC Modding/Watercooling Enthusiast...:-P

Can write with 300 Chars/sec B-)

I love Anime :heyes:

Roleplayer for like ever :hollow:

• holy... just seen in the dev parameters the TYPE_SYSTEM_OVERLAY is deprecated for NON-SYSTEM Apps... ill try to make the app a system app... lets have a look

Samsung Lover...<3

• Ok... its not that simple as thought.. sadly but it would have been too good to be true..

it happens that only system apps which are signed to the platform (aka UID 1000) will be allowed to draw over the status bar ...

ehm.. ok... is that somehow possible to do on the fly ? dumb question from a non-android coder :osmilet::osmilet:

Samsung Lover...<3

• sadly not its a free to use. Pay to unlock a few settings battery saving app for pokemon go.. if i could code myself android i would code it myself but i think it would fall with signing since i dont have a clue about that :D

Please login to see this attachment.

The overlay is a simple black screen and the dimming is about 20-25% of screen brightness (absolute value)

Screen orientation is about -30° to +120° in vertical screen orientation (where 0°) is mobile flat on the back/screen facing up.. between this angles the overlay is not active.. anything out of those bounds the overlay is active

the proximity sensor also toggles the overlay when proximity is about smaller than 3cm

these are the only options of the app.. its bound to the com.nianticlabs.pokemongo app and only runs if the named app runs.. but is system persistent.. means when i reboot mobile and i start pogo it will either start in background ir is allready started..it also has a setting in "input aid" (?dont know english setting... eingabehilfe => dienst ein 😋).. dont know if the input-aid service is bound to the app that it will launch the go extender automatically

Please login to see this attachment.

Samsung Lover...<3

Edited once, last by BioHaZaRD_ch ().

• okay.. i now found out something...

Immersive Mode is the way to get the overlay display "over nav and status bar" .. its more a workaround... since the nav and status bar is hidden the overlay seem full screen... now i have the problem that the immersive mode is not quite what i intendet to get. i hide the nav bar though (except desktop)... but i like the statusbar present since it keeps me updated...

i know i may be a bit itchy :osmilet: but is there a way to activate the immersive only when the overlay is toggeling ?.. can that be an app on its own wich hooks onto the go-extender app ? :D i just try to solve a problem wich itches me >-P

Samsung Lover...<3

• update on the Immersive thing...

i tried to inject a selective immersive mode via ADB...

i used..

Code
    1. adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

but it didnt work... the command is well taken... (no adb error.. device authorized) but no change in behaviour.. after restart also no change..

is this somehow in conflict with your immersive mode toggle in bat-control ? :D

P.S. .. i dont want to flood the thread... i'm just a bit in a flow to get it to work and wanted to share the experience :D

Samsung Lover...<3

• If the immersive mode does it for you try it with this code:

Code
    1. adb shell settings put system policy_control immersive.full=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

Good luck!

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect:

• that did the trick .. thanks alot... is therefore the "Global" attribute in my first adb command wrong or deprecated... the system attribute worked.. :D

i see that it doesnt make sence to run against a fast paced car and think i could win... if someone can get a fullscreen overlay mod to work its ok.. until then... oh well.. i may be a bit nerved about it but i can get around with it :osmile::osmile:

Samsung Lover...<3

• that did the trick .. thanks alot... is therefore the "Global" attribute in my first adb command wrong or deprecated... the system attribute worked.. :D

i see that it doesnt make sence to run against a fast paced car and think i could win... if someone can get a fullscreen overlay mod to work its ok.. until then... oh well.. i may be a bit nerved about it but i can get around with it :osmile::osmile:

At least it does partially work now!

It is difficult without a proper source code to do anything there. This should be the best option for now :)

Check out my most recent inventions at the Please login to see this link.  :D:perfect: