Hello, Guest the thread was called 3.9k times and contains 6 replies

last post from Tkkg1994 -

Add own gifs for the notification panel

• Hi!

Just a simple suggestion to be able to add our own gif to the notification panel on the batman rom for the s7 (and maybe on other roms as well).

Im guessing theyre stored somewhere on the phone and that theorically I could put my own gif there and itll work...?

Either way, a little tutorial if its possible would be nice! Else, thats my suggestion :D

• Hey :)
    The suggestion area is here in case you are looking for it the next time: bugtracker.grifodev.ch :)

About the gifs, they are deeply integrated into the systemui, which means they aren't stored on the phones data partition. All gifs you want to add need to be sent to me and I'll need to integrate it into my mods + the romcontrol

Visit our most recent creations for the S7 and S8 devices at our Please login to see this link.

• Hey Tkkg1994 :osmile:

I've dug a little bit in the Code.. i found the "PNGs" for the Notification Panel in the romcontrol.apk (think that'll be the thumbnails) but didnt find the GIFs .. are they that deep dug in the code ? :ecsmile2: I wondered about the GIFs changing too hehe .. i assume they are in the classes.dex stored then ? so its not possible to insert them even when the apk is "edited" .. you have to rebuild the whole.. am I right ? B-)

Greets from St.Gallen B-)B-)

• Hey Tkkg1994 :osmile:

I've dug a little bit in the Code.. i found the "PNGs" for the Notification Panel in the romcontrol.apk (think that'll be the thumbnails) but didnt find the GIFs .. are they that deep dug in the code ? :ecsmile2: I wondered about the GIFs changing too hehe .. i assume they are in the classes.dex stored then ? so its not possible to insert them even when the apk is "edited" .. you have to rebuild the whole.. am I right ? B-)

Greets from St.Gallen B-)B-)

First off, greetings back from Sursee! :D

Yeah the gifs are stored directly in the SystemUI.apk. That's also why it can't be changed on the fly with any other gif sadly...

It's a smali method which selects the gifs dependant on your choice in the romcontrol

Visit our most recent creations for the S7 and S8 devices at our Please login to see this link.

• aah ok.. i know not that much about android development but know programming and filesystem stuff.. i tried to replace a gif in the systemui.apk (/system/priv-app) and in the romcontrol.apk the thumb.. only replacing png and gif file (no name change)

I replaced the files (apks) in twrp and set chmod to 644 (same as originals) but it didnt change ? .. are those files cached somehow (dalvik?) or are there backup copies anywhere ? ... anyhow its not a big deal.. if it is far more complicated i'll let it be.. b:D but tha ks for the info.. interesting to derp analyse such stuff :ecsmile:

• damn i put the wrong files in the dir...just overwritten the files with the unmodified ones haha... it works as i expected :osmilet::osmilet::osmilet:

I just wanted to say: your steps sound good I don't know what went wrong :D

Nice you could get it to work!

• Gäste Informationen

Hello Guest!

You are seeing this message because you are not allowed to write a post.

The guestview is limited due to different reasons.

If you want to participate, write a comment and get every feature, we suggest you´ll create an account, if you have one, just login.